BY Lucinda Boys
I like baking and this is a recipe I make all the time. It's an altered version of a recipe I found on the internet. My mom likes walnuts in her cookies and I don't. So that's why I'm showing you two different cookies from the one recipe.
Preheat over to 350
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 sticks (1 cup) butter cut into cubes
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1. Whisk dry ingredients together
2. Cream butter, sugar and vanilla. Tip: cream until the mix gets lighter and not so grainy. And always scrape down side of bowl to make sure it's all getting mixed. I use a KitchenAid.
3. Mix in eggs. Do one at a time, mix well after each egg.
4. Mix in flour slowly.
5. Detach bowl from KitchenAid and divide batter.
For the Choc Chip Peanut Butter
1. Mix in 1/4 cup of peanut butter - I use chunky. And then 1/2 cup chips.
For the Chocolate Walnut Choc Chips
1. Mix in 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder. Then stir in 1/2 cup of choc chips and 1/2 cup walnuts.
Spoon onto lined cookie sheet. I do 1 tablespoon of dough per cookie.
Bake for 12 minutes.
I like them soft so they are a bit undercooked. If you want them crisper do 15 minutes.